Monday, April 29, 2013

Unworthy

Luke 18:13 - "But the tax collector stood at a distance and dared not even lift his eyes to Heaven as he prayed.  Instead, he beat his chest in sorrow, saying, 'O God, be merciful to me, for I am a sinner'."

The humility of the tax collector is on full display here.  He knows he is not worthy of God's love and mercy.  All he can do is confess his sins to God and beg Him for mercy.

I know that I am no better than anyone else.  I am unworthy of God's mercy, as is everyone.  All I can do is pray for God's forgiveness.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your new mercy for me everyday.  I know I don't deserve it, and I do not understand what You see that makes You want to stay, but I will trust Your plan and will for my life.  I know You have great things planned for me.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment