Saturday, April 13, 2013

Boastful Pride

Jeremiah 9:23 - This is what the Lord says: "Don't let the wise boast in their wisdom, or the powerful boast in their power, or the rich boast in their riches."

Being boastful about things that are of this world, and therefore temporary, is a waste of time and draws us away from our worship of and relationship with God.

Someone once said that there are two types of people.  Those that are humble and those who are about to be.  I have been proud, but Jesus humbled me.  I am forever thankful for His saving grace so that I may know the loving nature of my God.

Dear Lord, thank You for humbling me and showing me Your loving and forgiving nature so I will never again let pride rule my life.  I know I am not perfect, and that I will sin from time to time, but because of Your love and mercy, I am no longer a slave to my sin, and I know that You will always be there to help me overcome it.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment