Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Determination

Daniel 1:8 - But Daniel was determined not to defile himself by eating the food and wine given to them by the king.  He asked the chief of staff for permission not to eat these unacceptable foods.

Daniel was a man of great faith and determination.  He would not allow himself to be defiled  by eating food that was offered as a sacrifice to idols.  Whenever Daniel was in a situation he needed help in, he was always quick to prayer.

This is something I have gotten better at, although it has taken some time, being quick to prayer.  God loves when we talk to Him.  He knows what we need already, but we have to ask for it.  When we do, He is happy to provide.

Dear Lord, thank You for providing for me in ways that I never thought possible.  In ways that I never knew existed.  I ask you to give me the determination that You gave Daniel, so that I may be strong and true in my faith and service to You.  Your will be done.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment