Thursday, April 25, 2013

Absolute Comprehension

Psalms 147:5 - How great is our Lord!  His power is absolute!  His understanding is beyond comprehension!

One thing in particular that I used to use as an excuse for not reading the Bible was, "I don't get it."  There was so much I didn't understand about God and His love for us, and I listened to a lot of peoples misguided interpretations instead of finding out for myself.

When I began my relationship with Jesus and began to pray in earnest for wisdom and understanding that only He could provide, I really began to understand more.  One thing I learned, among many other things, is that we as humans are not capable of understanding 100% everything about God and His plans for us.  We lost that ability with sin.  When we turn from our old ways and trust completely in God by faith alone, He will begin to reveal Himself little by little until we enter His Glorious Kingdom where all will be revealed to us.  I don't know about you, but I'm super excited for that!

Dear Lord, thank You for this work that You have done in my heart so that I began to seek You and not someone else's idea of You.  I truly believe the words of this Psalm that Your power is absolute, and I completely trust in Your plan for me and for all of us, that it is a plan for good and never for evil.  All honor, praise, and glory be to You.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment