Thursday, April 11, 2013

A Promise Kept

Luke 2:30-32 - "I have seen Your salvation, which You have prepared for all people.  He is a light to reveal God to the nations, and He is the glory of Your people Israel."

God's Holy Spirit had promised Simeon that he would not die until he had seen the Messiah first.  Simeon recognized Jesus for who He was when He was still a baby.  God kept His promise.

Like Simeon, John the Baptist recognized Jesus for who He was right away.  A lot of people did.  I feel sad for those who didn't or wouldn't despite what Jesus did for them.  I am blessed that once I understood who Jesus is and what He did for me, to have accepted Him for who He is - my Savior and my God.  And I pray for those who haven't yet to opened their hearts to Him.

Dear Lord, I pray for those who don't know You yet to open their hearts so that they can come to understand who You are, and accept Your gift of salvation and love, that they can receive from nowhere else.  Soften their hearts so that they may open their eyes to Your amazing and wonderful gift.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment