Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Stirring

Ezra 1:1 - In the first year of King Cyrus of Persia, the Lord fulfilled the prophecy He had given through Jeremiah.  He stirred the heart of Cyrus to put this proclamation in writing and to send it throughout his kingdom.

Throughout the Old Testament, and indeed the entire Bible, God uses some of the most unlikely people to do His work and fulfill His prophecies.  I am sure that the Jews (for the majority) were expecting more of the same when Cyrus became king.  But in his first year he set them free, returned everything taken from their temple, and ordered everyone to help them.  Talk about unlikely!

I would definitely consider myself an unlikely one to be used by God.  But He has.  I've had the opportunity, by the grace of God, to share the Gospel with a couple of people, and I know God has more in store for me.  Because He loves me.  Because the Bible says He does.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for my life.  I am not worthy of Your love and grace, and the new mercy you have for me everyday.  Thank You for allowing me to serve Your Kingdom and glorify You.  I ask that You use me for whatever You want me for.  Whatever glorifies Your Name is all I want to do.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment