Thursday, April 4, 2013

His Will

Daniel 3:18 - But even if He doesn't, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.

Daniel's friends were just as steadfast in their devotion to God as Daniel was.  In the previous verse, they tell the king that God will rescue them.  But here they tell him that even if He doesn't, they will not waver in their loyalty to Him.  They weren't doubting God's ability to save them, they were trusting in His Will for their lives.  If it wasn't His Will, so be it, they would not hesitate to die for God.

Of course God rescued them.  He had great things planned for them.  He wanted to use them for His glory.  God has definitely rescued me from my own blazing furnace...more than once.  That's how I know He has great things planned for me.  And I will wait patiently for His Will to be done.

Dear Lord, thank You for rescuing me from myself.  I know that I cannot do this without You.  I ask for Your continued wisdom to be patient, be still, and know that Your are God.  That You are in control, and everything happens according to Your purpose for Your MUCH greater glory.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment