Friday, April 19, 2013

Still A Man

Luke 9:20 - Then He asked them, "But who do you say I am?"  Peter replied, "You are the Messiah, sent from God!"

Peter was a great man.  He was obviously very much loved and blessed by Jesus.  There are times in the Bible where Peter has the best answers, and yet others where he just doesn't seem to have a clue.  And even though here he states what he knows is the truth, that Jesus is the Son of God, he still denies him later.  Why?  Because for all his greatness, he was still just a man.  Fear and uncertainty overcame him sometimes, and he would lack confidence and faith.  But Jesus loved him.  Jesus knew he was a special man despite his shortcomings.

I love reading about Peter.  Such a great example of an imperfect person loved by a perfect God.  Stories like his always help renew and strengthen my faith and hope in God's love and grace.

Dear Lord, thank You for this today.  You always know what I need to hear and when I need to hear it, because Your timing is perfect.  I am so blessed by Your love and grace of an imperfect (big time) person like me.  You have new mercy for me everyday, and I am eternally grateful.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment