Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Exalted Humility

Luke 14:11 - "For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted."

I have said before regarding humility that there are two types of people in the world, those who are humble and those who are about to be.  It's not mine, but I think it is a great way to restate this passage.

Pride is something I used to struggle with quite a bit.  I have gotten a lot better about it (by no means perfect), but there are times where I will let it show.  Whenever I do, I feel the Holy Spirit gently talking to me to correct me, and I thank God for teaching me humility.  He is just to correct me, and even reprimand me harshly for my repeated sins, but He doesn't do that because of His unfailing love and grace.

Dear Lord, thank You for teaching me the way You want me to live.  I am prepared to do whatever You require of me that will bring You greater glory according to Your will and purpose.  I thank You for all that You have shown me, and all that You will reveal to me in Your time.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment