Monday, April 15, 2013

Great Blessings

Jeremiah 17:7 - "But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence."

Jeremiah was one of the blessed ones to be sure.  Despite what God told him that He was going to do to the wicked ones of Israel, he kept praying for them and asking God to spare them.  That's love.  That's confidence in God.  Jeremiah knew that God would use their bad to bring good for His people.

Sometimes I feel like Peter who asked Jesus to leave because he was so ashamed of his sin that he felt that he didn't deserve to be around Him.  But I desire to be more like Jeremiah. Praying for my and other's salvation and rescue.  I have hope and confidence that God will use me where He sees fit.  I have hope and confidence that God provides great blessings, not necessarily for those He loves because He loves us all, but for those who put their hope and confidence in Him.  And for those that haven't yet, He loves them regardless, and He has promised to shower them with those same great blessings when they turn their hearts to Him as well.

Dear Abba Father, I pray to You now that You will keep me strong in my faith and my heart focused on You at all times.  I ask You to use my gifts that You have blessed me with in whatever way Your name is glorified.  For those that haven't turned their hearts to You yet, I pray that You will continue to knock.  I have the faith and confidence that they will open the door.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment