Thursday, April 18, 2013

Go Away

Luke 8:37 - And all the people in the region of the Gerasenes begged Jesus to go away and leave them alone, for a great wave of fear swept over them.  So Jesus returned to the boat and left, crossing back to the other side of the lake.

These people didn't understand that they had nothing to fear from Jesus.  They were afraid of God's judgement, and I believe ashamed of their sins as well, so they rejected Jesus.

The human mind is funny to me sometimes.  We tell ourselves 'if I push the problem (or sin) to the side and don't think about it, it won't be a problem anymore'.  I know I used to do that a ton.  But if we stare down our sins and fears and ask for God's help and forgiveness, He is just to forgive and help us.  The last thing we should ever do is reject God out of fear and shame.

Dear Lord, I thank You for Your unfailing love and forgiveness that I am completely undeserving of.  I ask for continued strength as I face my fears and sins, so that I may always remember to turn them over to You, and not give in to fear.  With You, I have nothing to fear.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment