Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hope

Lamentations 3:21-24 - Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends!  His mercies never cease.  Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.  I say to myself,"The Lord is my inheritance; therefore I will hope in Him!"

The book of Lamentations is Jeremiah expressing his sorrow over Israel's punishment from God.  However, while Jeremiah is expressing his sorrow, he remembers that the punishment was more than justified because of Israel's idolatry and rebellion to God, and God has promised to restore them.  All because of His faithful love.

I can't speak for anyone else, but knowing how faithful God's love is gives me hope.  God would be more than justified to not accept me because of my past sins and transgressions.  But He has wiped my slate clean because He loves me.  He has new mercy for me everyday.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me hope when I had none.  Thank you for making me new in Your grace and love when You had every right to refuse me.  All I am and all I have I owe to You.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment