Friday, January 31, 2014

All For Good

Genesis 50:20 - "You have intended to harm me, but God intended it all for good.  He brought me to this position so I could save the lives of many people."

If anyone had a reason to hold a bit of a grudge against someone, it was Joseph.  But he didn't.  His brothers had done some terrible things to him, but he was able to see God's greater plan in it.  He also knew it wasn't his place to judge and punish.  He forgave the way God wants all of us to forgive others.  The way He forgives us - completely.

Sometimes it can be so hard to see the greater glory in our suffering.  I struggle with this a lot, which is why I allow my temper to get the better of me.  I don't get violent or anything like that.  I just get mad and say things I shouldn't.

During the first few years of my sobriety from drug addiction, even though I had been saved during that time, I found it so hard to see God's greater plan for good.  I could not figure how God had intended to use me for greater things.  I constantly asked, "How and why could my drug addiction be any good?!"  As I've grown closer to God over the years since then, I see that it was.  For starters, He kept me alive despite two near overdoses.  And He has put it on my heart to help others who are struggling with similar problems.  My wrong choices all those years ago put me where I'm at today, but God is using them for the greater good of His Kingdom.

I couldn't see that 10 years ago, but I can see it now.  All it really took for me to understand was a closer and more intimate relationship with God.  That's what He wants with all of us.  Not so we can be some easily lead robots.  But so He can reveal His great and mighty plans for all of us.

Dear Lord, thank You for putting it on my heart to surrender myself to You so that You could show me Your plans for me.  I know You have only revealed part of it for now, but I will gladly take things one step at a time for the glory of Your Kingdom.  For those that are struggling with surrendering their hearts and lives to You, I ask for Your continued patience for them while Your Holy Spirit softens their hearts.  Your love and grace know no ends, and we are all eternally blessed because of that.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment