Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Who Am I?!


1 Chronicles 17:16 - Then King David went in and sat before the Lord and prayed, "Who am I, O Lord God, and what is my family, that You have brought me this far?"

After receiving the news that God would bless David and his ancestors, David prayed and thanked God for His abundant blessings.

I love this prayer because it is full of humility and love for God.  David knew that he was a sinner that didn't deserve what he was getting.  But God knew his heart and blessed him abundantly for his faith.

When something good happens to me, do I give God the credit?  Do I recognize that it is a blessing that came from Him, and pray and thank Him for what He has done for me?  The more time I spend in an intimate close relationship with God, the more I see that every thing I receive comes from God.  He is always giving me more than I could ever deserve.  But why?  Who am I that I should receive such blessings?  I am a child of the living God that sacrificed His Son's life so that I could have an intimately close relationship with Him.

For some that may be an insufficient explanation.  People always have to know more details.  My question to them is why?!  Why can't we accept God's love for what it is - a blessing given to His chosen people because He loves us and wants to be with us.

Dear Father, thank You for choosing me and loving me so much that You sacrificed Your Son for me.  I pray that I will continue to give You the honor and glory for the blessings You give me every day.  I pray for those that don't know You, that their hearts will soften and open up to You.  I pray that those who question why You love them will see Your love for what it is - unfailing and unending love that requires no explanation, just acceptance.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment