Monday, January 27, 2014

He Provides What We Need

Philippians 1:19 - For I know that as you pray for me and the Spirit of Jesus Christ helps me, this will lead to my deliverance.

Christ will always give us what we need to get by and thrive in a way that will glorify God.  We have to remember to stay faithful, and confidently trust in Him.  It may not always seem that way in the moment, but it's true!

In this section of Philippians, Paul is in prison but he is fine with it, because his imprisonment is being used for the glory of God.  In verse 12, he is rejoicing because he knows that everything that was happening was helping to spread the Great News of Christ and His Salvation for us.

It's very easy for us to be unhappy with our situation, and sometimes be down right mad about it.  It's natural for that to happen.  We expect certain things to go certain ways.  But if things aren't happening the way we expect or want them to, we have to remind ourselves that it is all part of God's plan.  It's not easy for us to think bigger picture in that regards, but it is the best way.  And God will deliver us when He is ready.

I have struggled with this quite a bit lately.  I have been unhappy at my job for some time now, and things are not showing signs of improvement because of a lack of follow through by upper management.  I have been looking for another job, but nothing has panned out yet.  I have been getting a little frustrated about the whole situation.  I was praying last night and asking God why He hasn't made things happen the way I have been expecting them to go.  And then I came across this passage this morning.  I love when He does this to me.  Through His Word, he shows me that He isn't ready for me to move on yet.  He is telling me that He needs me where I am for a little longer.  He will deliver me when He is ready, and I need to stay faithful and trusting His plan for me.

The Bible tells us that all things work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them (Romans 8:28).  Well the great thing is that we are ALL called according to His purpose, and when we are faithful to wait for Him to reveal His purpose to us that is when He shows us the great and mighty things He has for us (Jeremiah 33:3).  In the mean time, we stay the course, run the race He has put us in, and strive to finish strong for His glory.

Dear Lord, thank You for answering my prayers.  You don't give me the answers I always want, but You always give me the answers I need.  I pray for Your continued strength to stay strong in the race You have me in right now, so that I can finish strong when You are ready to move me.  I will joyfully wait for You and praise You in the hallway until You open the other door.  I pray for those that are struggling to see Your will and purpose for them.  I pray their faith will be strengthened by You today, and that if there is anything I can do to help facilitate that for them, You will use me how You see fit.  Thank You for waiting for me, and giving me the grace and mercy I didn't deserve, but so desperately needed.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment