Thursday, January 16, 2014

Purified

Hebrews 9:14 - Just think how much more the blood of Christ will purify our consciences from sinful deeds so that we can worship the living God.  For by the power of the eternal spirit, Christ offered Himself to God as a perfect sacrifice for our sins.

The sacrifice that Jesus offered, His own flesh and blood for ours, is what will make us right with God.  It is the only thing.  When we accept this sacrifice and repent of our sins with our heart, God accepts us into His Glorious Kingdom for eternity.

I love that nothing can separate me from God except a hard heart which is what I had for a long time.  When God was ready for me, He softened my heart to open up and accept the sacrifice of His son and repent my sins.  This doesn't mean I have been made perfect; far from it.  Human beings are incapable of perfection.  What I am capable of is making bad choices and mistakes from time to time (I actually excel at that sometimes).  But what I am also capable of is using my free will to choose God's grace, mercy, and forgiveness in addition to His abundant blessings, over allowing the pleasures of temptation and sin to rule my life.

I am not perfect, but I will be made perfect when I go to Heaven.  In the mean time, I need to maintain my focus on advancing the cause of God's Kingdom while I'm here on earth.  That means sharing His word and showing His love to everyone He puts in front of me.

I am so blessed to be part of a church family that understands this, and teaches and encourages this.  During my time at this church, I have seen so many people come to accept and/or recommit their lives to God.  It is such a blessing to have such great Pastor's and leaders at this church that God is using to bring people closer to Him, and I pray that they will keep their focus on Him as well.  And when we stumble, as we all do from time to time, we are all there to pick each other up and show each other the love of Jesus.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your love.  Thank You for the sacrifice You offered that allowed me to be redeemed and one day purified.  I know that You have great things for me, and I am happy to be Your willing and obedient servant so that I may show others the love You have for them.  I thank You for those that recommitted their lives to You last night, and I pray that I can be of use to them as they restart their walk with You on the road to Your Glorious and eternal Kingdom.  In Jesus' precious name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment