Friday, January 10, 2014

Thy Will Be Done, Not My Will

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord.  "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

God's plans for each one of us are perfect and good.  Sometimes, it can really be difficult to accept that a current storm we are in is part of His plan.  The storm is meant to strengthen our resolve to trust and follow Him.  We should be praying for His will to be done, not our own.

Whenever we have a storm front pass through Southern California, almost always without fail, there is sun and better weather behind it.  That's how it is with the personal storms in  our life.  We first start to wonder if it is ever going to end.  But then we realize that God brought us to the storm, and He will bring us through it.  He isn't testing us, He is strengthening us.  He is improving us.  And what's on the other side of that personal storm?  The Son and better circumstances.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for strengthening me through the storms I have been through.  I know I struggle with my faith when they first set in, and I am sorry.  I know that You will see me through every storm I encounter, and You will be on the other side.  I pray for those that are going through a storm right now, that they will trust Your will be done, and not theirs.  I pray they will remember the promise of this passage that Your plans are for good, and You have a great future for them.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment