Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I Don't Get It

1 Timothy 1:5 - The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith.

At the risk of oversimplifying things, this explains the Bible.  Our primary instructions, obviously, are to love God like no other, and love others, but that love comes from a pure heart.  We begin to purify our hearts when we repent of our sins in genuine faith and clear our consciences to God.

I have had a few people tell me that they tried to read the Bible, and didn't get it.  They don't understand that it isn't necessarily a book that you just pick up and start reading.  When we confess and repent our sins in genuine faith, our consciences are cleared and God sends the Holy Spirit to begin to work in our heart, and He communicates to us through His Word.  If we are seeking Him out of pure love that truly desires a more intimate relationship with Him, He will show us great and mighty things.

Am I seeking Him for the right reasons?  Am I just trying to read the Bible as much as possible so that I can understand it, or am I truly seeking His wisdom and a deeper more intimate relationship with Him?  God knows my heart.  He knows I have a thirst for His wisdom and that I truly desire a deep and intimate relationship with Him.  And I know that the best place for me to begin to quench that thirst and desire is in His Word.

Dear Lord, thank You for desiring a relationship with me.  Thank You for showing me things that I never would have known apart from You.  Thank You for teaching me so much in our time together every day.  I pray that others will come before You with hearts of pure love that desires a close, intimate relationship with You so that they will experience the great and mighty things You have for them.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment