Saturday, January 25, 2014

Wait, Him Too?!

Matthew 18:22 - "No, not seven times," Jesus replied, "but seventy times seven."

It can be so difficult to repeatedly forgive someone who sins against you.  But it's something we all must do.  No matter how much it may hurt at the time, or not make sense, we will receive blessings because of it.  And God's blessings make the pain go away.

I have been struggling with this one quite a bit lately.  I have a coworker that makes it so hard to forgive him for what he does.  Especially when it's directed right at me with the intent to get me in trouble and cost me my job.

Yesterday, I was dealing with an issue with this person, and I mentioned it to a friend.  I mentioned how this person just aggravated me to no end.  She is such a great friend.  She reminded me that he still needed grace and forgiveness no matter what he had done.  Such a great reminder.

When God directed me to this passage this morning, for a brief moment, I thought well I only have to forgive him 490 times before I get to punch him in the nose.  But then I snapped out of that and remembered that God doesn't remember or keep count of my sins, but He forgives everything and forgets them as well.  I have to do the same, no matter how good it might feel to punch this guy in the nose (the coworker).

Dear Lord, thank You for giving me the people in my life that You speak through to reach my stubborn will.  I pray that I can return the favor to them, and be a beacon of light for them when they need it.  I beg your forgiveness for my stubbornness and being hot-headed at times, and ask You to continue working in my heart so I can overcome these shortfalls and be more like Jesus through Your love and grace.  In Your Son's holy name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment