Sunday, January 12, 2014

King Of Second Chances

Jonah 3:1 - Then the Lord spoke to Jonah a second time.

Despite Jonah's attempts to run from God's plan and calling for him, He gave him another chance to deliver His message to the city of Nineveh.

God is great about forgiveness.  When we repent our transgressions, and ask Him to forgive us, God is always faithful to forgive us.

What I like about this chapter is that when Nineveh received Jonah's message from the Lord, they repented and were forgiven and spared their destruction. God used someone He was giving a second chance to lead a people to repentance and a second chance.  Jesus tells us in Matthew 12:31 that every sin and blasphemy can be forgiven with the exception of blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

How often do we believe that we've gone too far in our sin?  How often have we said that God won't forgive us this time?  But we know that He will still forgive us.  Now...how often do we say that when someone has hurt us?  How often have we said that someone has gone too far this time?  When we learn to forgive like the King of second chances, we will love like Jesus loves.

Dear Lord, thank You for the countless second chances You have given me.  I know I never deserved any of them, but Your love and grace are more abundant than my misguided understanding.  I pray for You to work in my heart so that I can learn to forgive like You have forgiven and be able to love like You love.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment