Monday, January 13, 2014

Who Is First?

Haggai 1:4 - "Why are you living in luxurious houses while My house lies in ruins?"

When the people returning from their exile gave priority to themselves instead of God, He called them on it. Their harvesting hadn't been successful because they didn't have their priorities in order.

How often do we put God second (or even third) in our lives?  It is very easy for us to get caught up in the daily doings of life and not maintain our relationship with Him.  And that is exactly what Satan is counting on.  Satan doesn't need us to worship him or reject God.  He just needs us to be indifferent to God.  He counts on us focusing on our jobs or our kids ball games, or anything else, instead of God.

I was so guilty of this not that long ago.  I believed in God. I had accepted Christ as my Savior.  I was reading my Bible when I could find time.  But I never prayed.  I wasn't seeking God's wisdom with my whole heart.  I wasn't indifferent to God, but I certainly didn't have any relationship with Him, which is just as bad.  I thank God every day that I got the right teaching that showed me that I needed to focus on Him FIRST before anything else.  I have learned so much since that time, and I am still learning.  God has revealed much to me, and I trust He has great things for me planned still.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for waiting for me.  I know I went a long time without You being first in my life, and I am beyond grateful that You didn't abandon me.  You stayed true to Your promise that You never would abandon me.  Please continue to keep my heart focused on You, so that I may learn more.  So that I may serve You and Your chosen people better.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment