Monday, January 6, 2014

Seal Of Approval

Ephesians 1:14 - The Spirit is God's guarantee that He will give us the inheritance He promised and that He has purchased us to be His own people.  He did this so we would praise and glorify Him.

God purchased our freedom from slavery to our sin with the most valuable and precious commodity there ever was - the blood of His Son Jesus Christ.  And just to make sure we knew He was serious, He gave us the Holy Spirit as His seal of approval, to live inside us and guide us every step of the way.  How could we not praise and glorify Him?!

Whenever I'm going to buy something that costs more than I really want to spend, I will research it and see if it's worth what I'm paying.  I will pray about it and ask for God's guidance on the matter.  When I read a passage like this, it just blows me away what God has done for us.  We may spend a few hundred bucks on a new gadget or something, and get great use out of it.  But sometimes we don't.  God didn't have the luxury of doing that research.  He gave the most precious thing He possibly could, knowing that He would get the short end of the stick in the deal from time to time.  People don't accept Jesus, and don't believe in God's love and  power.  But that didn't stop Him.  He did it anyway because He loves us that much.  And after giving the greatest sacrifice, He sealed the deal by sending the Holy Spirit to dwell within us and guide us...WOW!

Dear Lord, thank You so much for giving me and all of us the better end of the deal even though we certainly never deserved it.  Thank You for Your Son, and for the Holy Spirit for our daily guidance.  Thank You so much for loving us no matter how much we fail to trust You, and fail to praise and honor You.  Please give me the wisdom and discernment to seek You in all that I do, and that I will give You the glory You deserve.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment