Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Don't Count On The Numbers

1 Chronicles 21:8 - Then David said to God, "I have sinned greatly by taking this census.  Please forgive my guilt for doing this foolish thing."

David realized he had made a big mistake.  Joab had tried to warn him, but David wasn't listening.  When God showed His displeasure, however, David realized his sin.

God doesn't want us to rely on the numbers.  I'm sure this hurts the ears of every accountant, but it's true.  When we count on men to help us, we are tuning out God and relying on our own flesh.  If there is a constant theme we should take away from Bible, is that relying on God for our provision and deliverance is the only way to go.

Look at Joshua, Jehosaphat, Gideon.  God gave them specific instructions on how to handle their battles that started and finished with relying on God for their victory, and giving Him the glory for it.

How often do I catch myself at work when I'm given a project by my boss saying, "I got this.  I can handle this."  I accomplish nothing apart from God.  When I am being given praise for a job well done, do I say thanks, or do I give God the glory?  I think I owe Someone an apology.  I have to remember that it wasn't just me doing the work.  I got my abilities from God, and He was the one showing me the way.  I have to remember to rely on Him, and not just my own flesh.

Dear Lord, I am truly sorry for not giving You the honor and glory that You deserve.  I am nothing without You, and I have to remember that I accomplish all things, not just some, by Your strength and Spirit within me.  I pray that through Your wisdom, I will do well in my job and other things in life, so that You may be honored and glorified.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment