Saturday, January 4, 2014

Forgot To Forget

Hebrews 8:12 - "And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins."

God not only promises to forgive our past sins, but He promises to forget them as well.  I love this.

This is something I have struggled with quite a bit.  Just as the Apostle John reminds us that we love each other because God loved us first (1 John 4:19), I need to remember that God forgave AND forgot first, and I must do the same.

And this doesn't apply to forgetting the things done to me by other people.  This also applies to what I've done to myself.  I need to forgive AND forget myself for the stupid things I've done.  It's easy to sit and dwell on my past mistakes and believe that I could never possibly be forgiven or wanted by God.  I did it for 10 years.  But it simply isn't true.  He does forgive me.  He has forgotten the things I did.  And He does want me.  I could sit and ask Him, "What about when I did this or that?"  And He will just tell me, "I don't know what you're talking about."  What He does and will always remember is that He loves me with an unfailing love that will never end (Psalm 106:45).

My prayer for you is that You will remember to forgive AND forget.  Not just others, but yourselves as well.  When we aren't sitting and focusing on the negativity of our past mistakes, we can move forward in a closer fellowship with the One who will only remember how much He loves you and wants to be with you.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for only remembering Your love for me.  Please give me the strength and wisdom to keep myself focused on Your love, and not on my past sins.  Please help me remember to forgive and forget others as well as myself, so that I may praise You with all that I am.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment