Sunday, January 26, 2014

One Powerful Spirit

Acts 2:41 - Those who believed what Peter said were baptized and added to the church that day - about 3,000 in all.

Once Peter had received the Holy Spirit, he converted 3,000 doubters into believers with his teaching about Jesus Christ, and they were baptized.  All in a day's work for God's Holy Spirit.  Despite Peter's shortcomings, not to mention his denial of Jesus, God still used him to achieve great things.

God does that for us as well.  When we open our hearts to Him and let His Holy Spirit in, He goes to work in our lives to accomplish great things for His Kingdom.  We all go through periods of self-doubt, but putting our complete trust in and obedience to God is the fastest way to overcome that doubt.

Even after I had accepted Christ, and sobered up from my addiction, for many years I didn't believe I had much to offer.  I went through several years of self-doubt.  I knew what skills I had to offer at the different jobs I had, but I didn't have any understanding of God's bigger plan for me.  It certainly wasn't God's fault for this.  I was the one that didn't make any attempts at a deeper and more intimate relationship with Him.

But once I made that commitment to Him, or re-commitment if you will, 5 years ago, my life made a sharp turn onto the right path.  In the last 2 years, with the right teaching and careful study of God's Word, not to mention endless prayer, I have really learned to let go of myself and put my trust in God.  That doesn't mean I am perfect or that I don't make mistakes along the way, but it does mean that I know the fastest road back to the right path is found in Him.  I am so grateful for the second (and third, fourth, etc...) chances He has given me.  I can only pray that the choices I make are the right ones, but I will confidently trust in His guidance.

Dear Lord, thank You for showing me down the right path.  You stood on the road waving me over for a long time before I finally made that turn onto your path.  I am so blessed by Your patient grace and unfailing love for me.  I pray for those that are struggling to find Your path for them.  I pray that they will seek Your wisdom and guidance through times of intentional intimacy with You in prayer and in Your Word.  I confidently trust that You will be standing on the side of their road to flag them down and steer them in the right direction when they are ready.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment