Thursday, January 9, 2014

What Can I Say?

Mark 9:6 - He said this because he didn't really know what else to say, for they were all terrified.

Peter has always been my favorite Apostle.  I love them all, but Peter has a special place in my heart, because he reminds me of myself a little.  He always seems a little on the awkward side and unsure of himself.  He tends to just say what he's thinking without applying any sort of filter.

These can be negative qualities, but Jesus has a way of turning our negatives into positives with His love and teaching.  I can picture the Apostles shaking their heads at Peter from time to time after he would blurt something out, but Jesus would just look at him, smile, and put His arm around him like a loving father.

I still have issues with my filter from time to time, mostly because I get too impatient with people, but I know that God has blessed me out of His love for me.  He puts His arm around me and smiles, because He knows that He has great things planned for me and my life to do great work for His Kingdom.  Just like He has planned for all of us.  He predetermined the plans for us, and it's up to us to believe in them (and Him), and trust His plans.  He is faithful to show us when we seek His will.

Dear Lord, thank You for Your love and faithfulness towards all of us.  We certainly don't deserve any of it, but because of Your mercy and grace, You give it freely and abundantly.  I ask for Your continued strength, and certainly patience, each and every day so that I may go into the world a more confident person serving Your Kingdom.  I know You will always give me the right words, so that I will know what to say.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment