Friday, March 22, 2013

Sanctuary

Ezekiel 11:16 - "Therefore, tell the exiles, 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Although I have scattered you in the countries of the world, I will be a sanctuary to you during your time in exile'."

God marked the ones that were faithful and exiled them from Israel.  But why?  Wasn't this supposed to be the land of His Chosen People? Yes!  He did it so He could clean house of the ones that were unfaithful.  That were idolaters and defiling the Promised Land and the Temple.

I believe God does this with people still.  When we are struggling with our faith, maybe even falling away from it, He exiles us in a spiritual sense to give us a cleansing, so to speak, so that we return fresh and new to Him.  I certainly felt this recently.

Dear God, thank You so much for my cleansing and renewal.  You know what I need best, and I will remain faithful to You through all good and tough times throughout my life.  Your eternal grace and unfailing love has shown me that nothing is too great for You to handle, and no sin is too great for You to forgive.  In Jesus' precious and Holy name I honor, praise, worship, and thank You.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment