Saturday, March 30, 2013

Rescued

Isaiah 38:17 - Yes, this anguish was good for me, for You have rescued me from death and forgiven all my sins.

God has always been there for us.  We may have our hurts, habits, and hang-ups, but they are good for us, because they teach us to lean on God's love and mercy.  He has overcome the world, and He will help us overcome our fears and anxieties.

While I am indeed repentant of my sins, I am always thankful for them.  My need to free myself from the slavery of my sin is what led me to seek a relationship with Jesus, and to realize that I am not capable of doing it myself.  How could I NOT be thankful for that?!

Dear Lord, I cannot say it any better than Isaiah, this anguish was good for me.  It led me to You, and You saved me and restored me just as You promised You would.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment