Saturday, March 23, 2013

Because He Said So

Ezekiel 14:9 - "And if a prophet is deceived into giving a message, it is because I, the Lord, have deceived that prophet.  I will lift my fist against such prophets and cut them off from the community of Israel."

Things only happen because God says so.  Because He wants them to.  Why would God allow false prophets to send a false message?  To weed out the unfaithful and the idolaters from among His Chosen People and then cut them off from the community so that they can no longer poison the faithful minds and hearts.

This is something that I used to struggle with a lot.  Why does God allow bad things to happen?  Because He wants to strengthen, and sometimes test, our faith.  He uses the bad things to work for good so that our faith in Christ will be stronger and our resolve to follow Him through all things will be strengthened as well.  He uses the bad to work for good because He loves us.  I used to hate when my parents would tell me, 'because I said so'.  Now I understand why my Abba Father says it.

Dear Lord, thank You for teaching me understanding and for strengthening my faith in You, and my resolve to follow You through all trials of my life.  I know I will face tribulations, but I know the final victory is Yours, and I will not lose heart.  I know You will make all things work together for my, and all of Your people's, good (GREAT) benefit.  In Jesus' name I pray.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment