Sunday, March 3, 2013

Hard-Headed

Jeremiah 8:5 - Then why do these people keep going along their self-destructive path, refusing to turn back, even though I have warned them?

God is asking a great question here.  And I can totally understand why.  It's like the parent telling the child, "Don't touch that it's hot." But you know the child isb going to touch it and learn the hard way.  God's chosen people all had to learn the hard way.

I used to be a very self-destructive person.  I was Curious George on steroids.  I would have benefitted from reading this passage a long time ago, but all in His time.  I had to ask myself, "Has anything I've done made my life any better?" Until a couple of years ago, the answer was a resounding NO.  But I'm on a better path now, with a Great Light to show me the way.

Dear Lord, thank You for letting me learn the hard way.  I'm not proud of my sinful ways, but I am grateful for them, because they led me to You.  Thank You for lighting my path for me.  Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment