Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Foundations

Psalm 111:10 - Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom.  All who obey His commandments will grow in wisdom.  Praise Him forever!

This is such an important truth.  We can't continue to sin and EXPECT God to forgive us.  That would just be ignorant.  To have true wisdom, we must fear our punishment for not repenting of our sins in our hearts.

God expects certain things of us.  One of them is a true heart for Him.  Failing to live up to His standards and having a lackadaisical attitude about it is a dangerous path to travel.  I choose His ways over mine, because I am afraid of the alternatives if I don't give Him my whole heart.  I don't want to be lukewarm in my faith.

Dear Lord, thank You for showing me the path to true wisdom that is only found through Your Son Jesus Christ.  I want to keep my heart strong for You.  Please guide and protect me while I am in this world, and use me in whatever way brings You the glory.  Your will be done.  In Jesus' name, Amen!

God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment