Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Stop Worrying

Mark 4:40 - Then He asked them, "Why are you afraid?  Do you still have no faith?"

When the storm kicked up, Jesus had no fear because He knew His time had not yet come.  Even though His disciples didn't realize it, they would be safe.

In this passage, Jesus said, "Let's cross to the other side of the lake" (verse 35).  He didn't say, "Let's see if we can make it through this storm that's brewing."  Jesus knew and trusted God's will to be done in His time, and so should we.

For someone that has struggled with anxiety and fear of the unknown for a long time, I catch myself allowing it to creep in to my head from time to time.  My faith in Christ has defeated my anxiety and fear, but from time to time, it comes up.  It makes me question my faith.  It makes me wonder if I really believe what I read every day, and what I believe in my heart.  I have to see these incidents for what they are.  They are attacks from the enemy.  Satan is trying to interrupt my time with God, and plant the seed of doubt in my mind.  It's not a coincidence that my anxiety will creep up most often when I'm having my Quite Time with God.  He can't have my heart, because it belongs to Jesus, so he appeals to my mind.  When this happens, I need to remember to pray hard to get him out of my head.

Getting these anxiety and fears out of my head on my own by trying not to think of them, doesn't work.  It causes panic attacks.  But when I pray, it is the power of Christ that calms me.  I have to remember that I accomplish everything with Christ's strength, and nothing on my own power.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me that I need to stop worrying, and just pray.  I know Your will is going to be done, and I have to trust in Your plans and Your timing, and stop being afraid of what I don't know.  I have nothing to fear with Jesus Christ guiding my path.  I pray for those that fight anxiety.  I pray that they will seek You in prayer instead of trying to get over it on their own power.  I pray that they will remember that anything and everything is possible by the power of Jesus Christ.  In Your Son's name I pray, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment