Friday, February 21, 2014

His Help

Mathew 28:20 - "Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you.  And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age."

When we are being obedient to God's will for us, and responding to His Great Commission, He has promised to give us the help we need to do right.  He has promised to always be with us.

Why do people shy away from sharing the Gospel with people?  Aside from being nervous about speaking to strangers, they are usually worried that they won't say it right.  I know I have often felt like this.  The few times I have had the opportunity to share God's Great News with someone, it has flowed out of me like I had been teaching it for years.  Why is that?  I'm certainly not a very good public speaker, and I'm definitely not the most outgoing people-person either.  It's because God gave me the words to say.

In Luke 12:12, when Jesus is speaking about people being put on trial and how they are going to defend themselves, He promises that the Holy Spirit will give them the words that need to be said.  Do you think He was just talking about being on trial, or do you think this applies to the Great Commission as well?  I would say it certainly does apply to both.  His first desire for us is to share the Gospel and make disciples.  When we are following His desire, He will certainly help us when we ask for it.

Dear Lord, thank You for keeping Your promise of always being there to help when we need it.  I pray that I will be obedient to Your commission, and that I boldly share Your message and Your love with whomever You put in my path.  I know that You will always be there to give me the words to say through the power of the Holy Spirit.  I pray for those that are struggling with the words to say, and that they will remember to ask for Your help and guidance in this.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment