Monday, February 24, 2014

Show Him Some Love

Deuteronomy 11:22 - "Be careful to obey all these commands I am giving you.  Show love to the Lord your God by walking in His ways and holding tightly to Him."

We can never earn our way into heave, but that doesn't mean we can't show our appreciation and love to God for all He has done for us.  We show Him our love by spending intentional time in His Word and in prayer, and by being obedient to His will for us.

Am I showing God love?  I have been very good about reading and studying His Word every day, and talking to Him in prayer.  But am I also listening when He speaks to me?  Am I listening to His will, and actually following His plan for me, or am I trying to incorporate some of His plans into my ideas for how I should live?  If I want to show God my love for Him, since He has already shown His love for me (Jesus), then I need to be all in, and not try to mix and match His will and my will together.

Dear Abba Father, thank You for reminding me that by not being obedient to Your will completely, I am failing to show my love for You.  I pray that as You give me wisdom and speak to me through Your Word, that I will be completely obedient to Your will and purpose for me, and let go of myself.  I want more of You and less of me.  Father, I also lift up those that struggle with this as well.  My prayer is that as they become more intentional about their study of Your Word and prayer, they will also become more intentional about their obedience and completely surrendered to Your will.  We all need more of You, Lord.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment