Saturday, February 15, 2014

By His Power Alone

2 Corinthians 3:5 - It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own.  Our qualification comes from God.

Becoming prideful in our accomplishments can be a very dangerous road to travel.  Paul reminds us that God didn't choose us because we were the best qualified.  He chose us because He loves us, and when we accept His love and salvation, He then equips and qualifies us.

Anything we do outside of God's will for us will not be successful.  Plenty of people have had worldly success, but it always fades and falls away when they are not seeking God regularly, and trying to operate outside of His will.  Jesus tells us in John 15:5 that apart from Him we can do nothing.

Recently when I was sharing with someone about how I came to my faith, I told them how I had been saved initially when I was recovering from my addiction, but that I spent 10 years after that kidding myself, because I wasn't seeking God regularly.  I thought that now that I was saved, I was good to go.  I am so blessed that God showed me how wrong I really was, and He took the time to speak to my heart.  The more I seek Him, the more He blesses me.

I wasn't suddenly qualified just because I had been saved.  I needed to be seeking Him and His will for me so that He could go to work in me and equip me for His purposes.  I know that I am not perfect (VERY far from it), but He is working in and through me daily to make me more like Jesus until my time comes to be with Him for eternity (Philippians 1:6).  I will get where He wants me to be when He is ready.  Until then I need to keep seeking Him daily for guidance and wisdom, and making sure that I am giving Him the credit for any success.

Dear Lord, thank You for showing me that I accomplish nothing apart from You.  I have been so blessed to come to know You.  I know that I will keep learning from You and about You as I continue to seek You, and You will continue to equip, qualify, and perfect me until the time of our meeting face to face in Heaven.  I pray for those that don't have You in their lives.  My prayer is that they will open their hearts, and begin to seek You daily for their salvation and qualification.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment