Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Just Like Family

Philippians 1:4 - Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy.

Paul had a deep affection for the church and fellow believers at Philippi.  They were just like family to him, and praying for them brought him great joy.

Having a close relationship with a group of people can feel like a family.  You love each other, laugh, and argue.  You pray for each other to be certain, and it makes you happy when someone from the group succeeds in something.

I had the privilege of being a part of a group like that.  I was part of a Bible study group that formed for what was originally intended to be a 6 month study that we were doing along with our church.  That 6 months lasted just shy of 18 months.  We had such great studies together during that initial 6 month period, that we didn't want it to end.  As it happens, life changes and things do end.  We recently ended the group, but that doesn't mean that we ended our love for each other.

A friend told me once that God puts people in our lives for either a reason, a season, or a lifetime.  These people will be lifelong friends.  They are just like family to me.  I grew so much closer to God, and learned so much during our time together because of the great insight and perspective I got during our meetings.  I have been beyond blessed by God through them.

I know that when I pray, I will continue making my requests for all of them with great joy.

Dear Abba Father, I thank You so much for putting the people in our group together.  Thank You for putting them in my life, and blessing me through them.  They are such amazing people.  They are so gifted and talented and so in love with You, and I am confident that You will continue to bless them as You have.  I thank You for the great leadership we had in the group, and thank You for giving me the joy I get when I pray for them.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment