Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Cha-Ching, Cha-Ching

Matthew 6:24 - "No one can serve two masters.  For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other.  You cannot serve both God and money."

God's currency of love is what we have to be focused on.  The paper stuff we keep keep in our wallets is just that - paper.  It has no real value and we're not going to take it with us in Heaven.

Living our lives the way Jesus has instructed us, by loving God and others will give us eternal wealth in Heaven.  The love we sow, we will reap because we are storing it in the Big Bank above.  These "treasures" we do take with us.

When discussing with an acquaintance awhile back about my plans for continuing my education after I finish my Bachelor's Degree, he asked what I wanted to do with it.  He asked if my intent was to find a lucrative career and make money.  He obviously doesn't know me that well.  I have never been driven by that.  If I was, I would have gone back to school a long time ago, and pursued something that would lead to a big payday.  My intent is to serve God and His people in whatever way He would have me do it.  I trust God will provide for my basic physiological needs, and I am fine with that.

Am I keeping my eyes focused on the eternal prize of God's Kingdom in Heaven, or have I been losing focus lately on what I can do with my education in serving God and His people?

Dear Lord, thank You for the opportunities You have afforded me in regards to my education.  I trust Your plan for me, and I am excited for where You will lead me when the time comes for me to put it all to use.  I pray that I keep my focus on You and don't go down the dark path of trying to serve two masters.  I pray for those that are struggling with this issue.  I pray that they will see that they cannot be devoted to two masters and choose the right one (You).  Please work on their hearts, and heal them Lord.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment