Saturday, February 22, 2014

His Reward

Hebrews 6:10 - For God is not unjust.  He will not forget how hard you have worked for Him and how you have shown your love to Him by caring for other believers as you still do.

God's reward for us is eternal life in heaven when we hear Him say, "Well done, good and faithful servant."  That is the only reward we should be seeking and helping others to seek as well.

Oftentimes, we find ourselves in need of having our ego stroked by others for things we do.  There is nothing wrong with sometimes wanting or receiving that pat on the back, as long as we are doing it for the right reasons (because it allows us to give God the glory), and we understand why we did a good job to begin with.  We accomplish nothing outside of God's will and the power of the Holy Spirit.  Strive for His pat on the back at all times, and He will give us whatever we need to accomplish our tasks.

Am I doing things for the right reasons?  Am I seeking the worlds rewards or God's?  I am just as human as the next person, and it does feel good to get a pat on the back from friends or coworkers, but I have to make sure that I am not seeking them, so that this desire doesn't draw away from my worship of, and giving glory to, God.

Dear Lord, thank You for this reminder, and the promise of eternal life in Your Glorious Kingdom.  I pray that I will seek You and Your will in all I do, and that I give You the glory that You deserve when I accomplish something that You have set out for me to do.  I accomplish nothing apart from You, and I need to remember that at all times.  I pray for those that are torn between the temporal rewards of this world, and the eternal rewards of Heaven.  I pray they will see where they are headed apart from You, and will turn from their ways, and serve You and Your people.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment