Sunday, February 2, 2014

Great Joy

Psalm 16:11 - You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of Your presence and the pleasures of living with You forever.

God showed us the Way of Life by sending Jesus to earth (John 14:6).  When we accept His free gift of salvation by believing that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, we are granted the joy of His presence and given life eternal in God's Kingdom.

But it isn't always easy.  Living for Jesus can be a real challenge in the world today.  It seems as though we hear of more persecution going on somewhere every week.  James tells us that we should consider it all joy when our faith is tested, because it is giving the Holy Spirit the chance to perfect us (James 1:2-4).  That can be easier said than done sometimes when you're staring down the barrel of a gun.

But it is true, and it is worth it.  I haven't had to stare down the barrel of a gun and speak up for my faith, but I know there are plenty who have.  What would I do?  Would I consider it great joy that I am enduring the toughest test of my faith, or would I give in to the pressure of life or death.  There is no way of knowing that for sure without it happening, but I like to believe that I would proclaim my love for Jesus no matter the consequences.  He did it for me and paid the ultimate price for it on the cross...

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me of the great joy I receive by living for You every day.  I pray that I will never back down from proclaiming my love for and faith in You.  I trust that You will always provide me the strength I need to overcome ANY obstacle put in my way, no matter the earthly consequences.  I pray for those that struggle to live for You because of the oppression they suffer at the hands of those that want to persecute Your chosen people.  I pray they will stay strong in their faith in You.  I pray that they will proclaim their love for You to the end as You did for them.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment