Thursday, February 27, 2014

Not Worthy

John 13:8 - "No," Peter protested, "You will never ever wash my feet!"  Jesus replied, "Unless I wash you, you won't belong to Me."

Peter believed that he was not worthy to be served by Jesus, and he could not accept what He was trying to do for him.  But Jesus had other plans.

He was trying to demonstrate not only His servant's heart that He desires us all to have, but that no matter what we do, when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior, His blood washes us clean, and we now belong to Him.  We are made worthy by His righteousness.

How much do I struggle with this sometimes?  I know I did quite a bit before I really understood what Jesus' sacrifice really did for me.  Like Peter I often said, "No!  You will never, ever accept me because of my past and forgive me!"  Jesus just kept telling me, "I already have.  My blood was spilled to wash you clean, now you just have to believe."  It was a tough thing for me to do, and I still struggle with feelings of unworthiness from time to time.  But when I struggle like this, God is so faithful and reminds me through His Word that it's already been forgotten.  What an awesome God we serve.

Dear Lord, thank You for washing me clean.  I know I struggle and doubt sometimes, but You are faithful and forgiving, and full of grace.  I am beyond blessed by Your love for me.  I pray for those that are convinced that they are not worthy to be redeemed by You.  My prayer is that they will come to understand and accept that they have already been forgiven and redeemed, they just need to accept it, and live their lives for You now.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment