Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Flair For The Dramatic

2 Peter 1:11 - Then God will give you a grand entrance into the eternal Kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

One of the things that I really love about God (and there are entirely too many to ever write them all), is His love for us in a huge and dramatic way.  He loves to go overboard to show His love for us.

In Luke 15, Jesus tells us that there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God (verse 7).  When I read that, I picture them having a big party and celebrating.  They did that when I accepted Christ and repented, and they do that for all of us who do so as well.

And then, as if He is trying to outdo Himself, God throws us a parade when we get to Heaven and are ushered in to His Kingdom for eternity.  I can just picture an angel sitting there and saying, "Isn't this a bit much?"  Only to have God say, "Nothing is too much for my beloved children."  God loves to go the extra mile and a half for us because He loves us and nothing makes Him happier than when we come back to Him.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me daily of You unfailing and dramatic love for me.  I know I am unworthy, but Your love and grace make me worthy, and I pray that I will share and show that same kind of love to others every day.  I pray for those that aren't sure of Your love for them.  They may be having doubts about Your willingness to redeem them because they think they have done something that cannot be forgiven.  My prayer is that they will see that Your love covers all sins, and You will forgive AND forget all of their transgressions.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment