Monday, February 10, 2014

Knowing Him

Acts 17:23 - "For as I was walking along I saw your many shrines.  And one of your altars had this inscription on it: 'To an unknown God.'  This God, whom you worship without knowing, is the one I'm telling you about."

The Athenians were not far from knowing the one true God, they just needed proper teaching and guidance.  It was no accident that Paul showed up when he did.  Nothing happens on accident.

While Paul was speaking here, he makes a great comment that God is not far from any of us (verse 27).  He tells the Athenians that God's purpose is for us to seek Him and find Him.  Doesn't sound too hard does it?  Sometimes it can be.

Not all of us had the blessings of being taught about Christ at a young age, and coming to know God early on.  I sure didn't.  But that wasn't an accident.  I found God when He was ready for me to find Him.  Like I said earlier, nothing happens on accident.  Even though it would have been nice to know and serve Him many years ago, God wanted me to be a little more refined and open-minded before He made me ready for Him.  He needed me to be ready to seek and find Him.  I am fine with that.  He knows much better than I do (MUCH).  When I was ready, He put the right teachers in my path so I could learn about Him and come to know Him.  And I have been beyond blessed because of Him.

Dear Lord, thank You for working on me through those years when I didn't acknowledge You.  Even though I didn't know You, I believe You were still working on me and preparing me for my service to You and Your Kingdom.  You opened my heart and eyes to You at the perfect time.  I pray for those that haven't found You yet.  I pray for those that haven't started seeking You.  I pray that their hearts and eyes will be opened to Your love and grace so that they can be a part of Your Glorious Kingdom, and I trust that it will all happen in Your perfect timing.  In Jesus' name, Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment