Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Being Patient With Myself

Hebrews 5:8 - Even though Jesus was God's Son, He learned obedience from the things He suffered.

Even though Jesus lived a perfect and sinless life, He still needed to learn about being obedient.  He was fully God, but He was also fully man.

Jesus' prayers in the garden of Gethsemane before His arrest are a good example of how He was suffering and learning to be obedient.   In Matthew 26:38, He says how His soul was crushed to the point of death.  He even asked God to take away His suffering.  But a key thing there, was that He asked God's will to be done regardless of what it meant for Him.  That is being obedient to God's will.

God doesn't expect us to be perfect.  We are still works in progress.  He is perfecting us slowly but surely, until the day of Jesus' return (Philippians 1:6).  He will keep working on us, but we have to do our part, and keeping working on the obedience part.  We will make mistakes from time to time (one of my specialties), but God is okay with that as long as we repent and work to turn away from our behaviors that cause the mistakes.

Dear Lord, thank You for working on me and perfecting me little by little every day.  Please give me the strength and wisdom I need to be obedient to Your will and purpose for my life.  I lift up those that are struggling to be obedient to You.  I pray they will seek and find the strength that only You can provide.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment