Monday, February 3, 2014

His Favorites

Acts 10:34-35 - Then Peter replied, "I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism.  In every nation He accepts those who fear Him and do what is right."

The first preaching of the Gospel to the Gentiles was God's way of showing that He loves us all no matter where we come from.  Our identity isn't in our nationality or race, but in Jesus Christ our Savior.  We are all children of God.

Am I accepting and loving everyone regardless of where they come from?  Yes I do.  If it's good enough for God, it's good enough for me.  That's the way I look at it.  It's not my place to decide who God should accept into His Kingdom.  We're all His favorites.

I often tell my parents when I do something good that makes them happy, that I'm their favorite son.  Their response is, "You're my only son."  I always reply, "Well that doesn't mean I can't still be your favorite son."  That's how it is with God.  He treats each one of us as the unique individuals He created us to be, and loves us just as much as the next person.  In the Bible, it tells us that Heaven rejoices over one person that is saved and brought into the family of God.  It doesn't say that it has to be a certain kind of person.  Just the kind that fears and loves God and wants to live for Him.

Dear Lord, thank You for reminding me that we are all Your favorites regardless of our background.  Thank You for rejoicing over my salvation, as You have over everyone's.  I pray for those that haven't received Your salvation yet.  I pray they will hear the Good News and understand that it is for them as well, no matter where they may have come from.  I pray they will hear it and accept it so that we can all rejoice over our new family members.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment