Friday, February 14, 2014

All You Need Is Love

1 John 4:8 - But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

As we grow closer to God everyday, He will perfect us and open hearts to love more.  To love extravagantly.  To love unconditionally.  Just as He loves us.

It can be difficult for me sometimes to love some people.  The human nature in me would feel much more content being anything but kind and caring and loving.  But that is false content.

Paul tells in Philippians that we should be abounding in love, and that our love for each other would overflow more and more (Phil. 1:9).  That's what God wants for us.  That's what Jesus taught us.  Love each other more than we love ourselves.

God sent His only Son into the world to die for us, so that we could be redeemed back to Him.  Not because He had to, but because He wanted to.  Because He loves us that much.  That's love.  That's agape love.

Dear Lord, thank You so much for loving me.  I know that I am a work in progress, and You are perfecting me to be more like Jesus every day.  I know I struggle often, but I want more of You so I can be more like Jesus.  So I can love like He does.  I trust Your plan and Your path for me.  Fill me with You spirit of love, so I can show it and share it with everyone whose path I cross.  I pray for those that are struggling to see Your love in everything.  Life can be so hard without inviting You into our hearts.  I pray that their hearts will be opened up today, and they will accept Your free gift of salvation, and start to know what love really is...You.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment