Tuesday, February 18, 2014

He's A Giver

Romans 8:30 - And having chosen them, He called them to come to Him.  And having called them, He gave them right standing with Himself.  And having given them right standing, He gave them His glory.

God is such a giver.  He chose us because He loves us.  He calls us to Him to be in intimate fellowship with Him.  And when we answer His call in faith, He makes us right with Him and gives us His glory.  All of this because He loves us, and not for anything we have done except to step out in faith and answer His call.

That can be scary to do though.  That's the real trick to everything, taking that step of faith. But it is beyond worth it.  A pastor said one time that God will always love us, but if we are not being obedient to His will, if we aren't taking that step, or steps, of faith to follow Him and all He has for us, then He won't bless us.  So true - He won't bless what is done outside of His will.

I have struggled - more than I care to admit - to take that step of faith from time to time.  It can be such a challenge for someone like me who hates to make mistakes (perfectionist).  But I have learned over and over that when I do, God is right there for me to make sure that I feel His presence in and around me.  That is so comforting for me.  I have to work on being more obedient.  It's a daily challenge for me, as I'm sure it is for a lot of people, but it's such a rewarding challenge to accept from the One who gives the greatest rewards when we answer His call.

Dear Lord, thank You for being the greatest Giver.  Your love and Your blessings could never be matched by anyone or anything in this world.  I have chosen You in faith, not because You offer the best prizes, but because You are the right choice.  Your love and grace are worth more than anything I could ever want, and I pray that I will continue to take those steps of faith, especially when they are the toughest ones to take, because I know that is what You desire.  I pray for those that struggle with this as well.  My prayer is that they will take those steps, even if they are baby steps, in faith so that they can see the great and wonderful things You have for them, because You love them and have called them.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment