Tuesday, February 11, 2014

It Doesn't Matter Anymore

Philippians 3:13 - No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead.

Paul's single-minded vision is inspiring.  It can be so hard to not think about the past, and reflect on the mistakes we have made.  Paul knew that he was a sinner, and that he didn't deserve anything from God.  But he also knew that now that he had been saved and redeemed, his only focus was on knowing Christ.  Nothing else mattered anymore.

Am I peeking back over my shoulder to see what may be gaining on me from my past?  Or am I focused on pressing towards the goal of knowing Christ more and reaching the Heavenly prize that Christ has called me to (verse 14).

Dear Lord, thank You for forgetting my past.  I ask for the peace of mind and heart to forget about it myself and keep my heart and my thoughts focused on You daily.  On serving You and Your people daily.  On praising and worshiping You daily.  I pray for those that struggle with this.  My prayer is that they will learn to forget whatever they may have done and forgive themselves, as You have forgiven them, and move on towards Your Heavenly prize that You are calling them to.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment