Monday, March 31, 2014

His Transformation

Romans 12:2 - Don't copy the behaviors and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.  Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

We don't have to change our lives in order to come before God in repentance.  We don't have to change to be redeemed.  We have already been redeemed.  We just have to be willing to let God into our hearts, and He will do the heavy work of transforming our lives according to His good, pleasing, and perfect will for us.

This is something that a lot of people struggle with.  They say they can't go to church until they get their life right, or they can't accept Christ until they make amends for the things they've done.  It simply isn't true though.  If we could get our life right without Christ, then He didn't need to die.  If we are trying to get our life right without involving Christ, then we will continue to make the same mistakes over and over because we are operating according to the customs and behaviors of the world, and not the Word.

All we have to do is say yes to Him.  We just have to let Him into our hearts and surrender our lives to Him, and He will make our lives right.  That is all we need to do to make amends for anything.  Just say yes to His transformation, and everything will get worked out.  This doesn't mean it will always be easy, because it won't.  There will be tough times, but once we invite Him in and surrender to Him, He gives us something the world could never give us.  He give us the power, strength, and wisdom to persevere through anything.

Am I still trying to do it my way, or am I surrendering my will to Christ daily?

Dear Lord, thank You for giving me what I need to not just survive, but thrive.  I don't expect everything to be easy, but I know with You taking the lead in my life, I can overcome anything.  I pray for those that haven't surrendered to You because they have the belief that they need to change first.  My prayer is that they will see that there is nothing they can to do be right with You other than inviting You in and surrendering their will to Your good, perfect, and pleasing way.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment