Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Just Passing Through

Psalm 23:4 - Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

On the radio the other day, a lady was talking about going through trials and made reference to this well-known Psalm.  When she was talking about it, she stressed the importance of the phrase, "Walk through the valley."

Her point was that when we are dealing with trials and tribulations, and are in the valley, we don't stay in the valley.  When we put our faith and trust in God, He guides us through it, and doesn't leave us to figure it out.

Often times, I hear someone say that they are dealing with a problem, and they are in a trial right now, but they are trusting God.  If they are trusting God, then they aren't in that dark valley, they are just passing through to greener pastures, and a mountaintop of light where God's glory will shine on them for trusting in Him to guide and care for them.

Am I trusting God to get me through, or am I allowing myself to be stuck in the dark valley because I am trying to figure it out on my own?

Dear Lord, thank You for guiding me through.  I know I have the tendency to try to work things out on my own and not seek You for the guidance I need to get through the trials I am in.  I pray for Your forgiveness and grace for that lack of faith, and ask You to be with me always, and that I remember that whenever I step into a dark valley I need to call out to You and put my trust and confidence in You, and that You will guide me through as You have always promised to do.  I pray for those that are struggling with this too.  I pray that they will see that You are always there for them, and they will seek You first to get them through their dark valley's as well.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment