Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Trusting Him

1 Corinthians 10:13 - The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience.  And God is faithful.  He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand.  When you are tempted, He will show you a way out so that you can endure.

God will never allow us to be tempted beyond our limits of what we can endure.  His faithful love for us will always show us a way through the temptation, and it begins with trusting Him to deliver on His promises.

I read somewhere that God sometimes calms the storm, and sometimes allows the storm to continue in order to calm His child.  I love that He is always trying to teach me and show me how to rely on Him more.  He does it because He loves me.  He doesn't do it because I'm a stubborn pain in the butt (okay that may be part of it).

There have been more than a few times where I have tried to rely on my own abilities to get me through whatever issue I was dealing with, and almost always without fail, I would usually make the problem worse (it's a gift, really).  But the more I rely on God's faithful promise to see me through, the more I understand that He is refining me like gold in the fire to become more like Christ.  He knows my shortcomings, and He doesn't expect me to be perfect.  He just wants me to trust Him, and have the mustard seed faith that He will give me what I need to endure.

Dear Lord, thank You for loving me enough to see me through.  I know I can be stubborn and hard-headed, but You look past that and see something in me that I don't.  You patiently work on me every day to refine me to be more like Your Son every day.  I pray for those that struggle with that trust issue with You.  My prayer is that once they begin to trust You, even in the tiniest things, they will see that You are indeed powerful, faithful, and full of love for them, and that You will pull them through everything when they trust in You more.  In Jesus' name, Amen!



God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment